Christian Science Churches in the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving Day 2018 with a special church service that includes singing, a short sermon from the Readers, and the sharing of gratitude and inspiration by the congregation. This Thanksgiving Day Service is an uplifting way to start your holiday festivities.
You are invited to join us at Fifth Church at 10:30am on Thursday, November 22nd – Thanksgiving Day.
Preview the Bible Lesson sermon that will be read on Thanksgiving Day at https://mybiblelesson.christianscience.com/thanksgiving
Discover the connections between Christian Science and Mary Baker Eddy to current events as well as the past presented by scholars and fellows diving deeply into the archives of The MBE Library for the Betterment of Humanity.
A very fascinating and enlightening podcast.
Previous episodes include:
“Empathy and Religious scholarship”
“Religious Tolerance and the Art of Violet Oakley”
“Daring to See the World Differently: The Christian Science Monitor”
“Mary Baker Eddy as a Copyright Activist”
“Christian Science and British Modern Art”
For more information: http://mbelibrary.org/podcasts
Tuesday – October 23 – 7 PM
Medicare open enrollment is almost upon us! You might have questions about your choices, such as:
- As a Christian Scientist, are there any specific issues that I need to be aware of when I am making decisions about Medicare coverage?
- What decisions about Medicare do I need to make when I first become eligible?
- What Medicare coverage options are available to me?
- How does Medicare coverage work with other types of health insurance?
- When does Medicare cover Christian Science nursing care provided in a Christian Science nursing facility like The Leaves?
Please join us at The Leaves, A Christian Science Nursing Care Facility, for this talk by Leslie Connery, one of two Government Relations Counsel who supports the Christian Science Committee on Publications in their work with lawmakers and government officials. Leslie has nearly 20 years of experience with health care, administrative law, and government benefit issues.
1230 Spring Valley Road
Richardson, TX 75080